Updated: Apr 9
**This post has been updated as ta April 10, 2020**
As a dropshipper and someone who advertises on networks like Facebook and Google, You should know that videos are very important part when it comes to your ad reach and performance. Up till now if you are running an ad and you are not using videos yet, I think you might be missing out. But one problem remains - where can you get videos, With everyone using almost same video, How can you stand out this Q4?
The importance of today’s video campaigns in any type of online marketing is truly undeniable. From viral videos to the fact that big brands now produce online videos first when thinking about the millions of dollars that they will be spending on their next Super Bowl campaigns, producing a video will prove to be one of your most profitable marketing investments.
Although brand awareness appears to be the main objective of producing video content, this type of format constitutes a great opportunity to educate your customers and share your thought leadership while being creative. According to the cloud-based video creation service Animoto, the efforts pay off at the time of making purchasing decisions:
96% of consumers find videos helpful when making purchase decisions online.
58% of consumers consider companies that produce video content to be more trustworthy.
71% of consumers say that videos leave a positive impression of a company.
77% of consumers consider companies that create online videos as more engaged with customers.
FINDING VIDEOS ON ALIEXPRESS
Of course, as a dropshipper, you already know what aliexpress is and the vast volume of choices it offers - Making it one of the best sites for dropshipping. But what we do not know is that some videos are embedded on the product pages and sometimes we miss out on it or we do not even find it at all. But now we need to take advantage of that and i will show you how to get videos using aliexpress and edit them and create a unique standard ad copy for your killer Ad! One tool we will use is called Google Videos
Google Video was a free video hosting service from Google, similar to YouTube, that allowed video clips to be hosted on Google servers and embedded on to other websites. This allowed websites to host lots of videos remotely without running into bandwidth or storage-capacity issues. Now we will use this powerful search engine to find videos on Aliexpress.
1. You open the google videos search page to begin your search for videos. Open your browser and go to https://video.google.com
2. Now when you are on the search page, You can now search for videos - specific videos from Aliexpress. This is how we can do it. Type aliexpress.com + your product name or keyword. In this case, i am searching for a pancake pan. See the photo below.
3. Once we search for that, We will see the search results - specifically product links from aliexpress and a "play" thumbnail which is suggesting that it is a video. These are the links we are looking for and we will now click on it.
4. You can now click on the links provided by Google and you will be directed to the aliexpress product page having that item. Now note that sometimes you will be directed to a search result page but that does not mean that the product isn't there. You just need to look at each product page there and you will find ones with video. Here is an example of what you will see if you click the first link in the photo above.
However, if I clicked on the 4th link from the google search page I will be directed to a product page like this one:
5. Find and download your video. So now when you are on the product page like the one above, You can now find and download your video. For better experience, it is advised to use the PC version. Doing this on mobile won't or will not be that good! So now you can scroll down the page and you will find your video
6. Downloading video. As you can see the video is embedded here by the supplier and you can simply download it. Take note that many suppliers can offer different videos, so it is advised to check other similar products you might find different videos and make a good video ad. So now you can go ahead and click the button there and you can now download your video.
And that is it! Do this or check similar products and you will find great raw videos. This way you can make a great video edit and stand out from the crowd! Happy searching.
UPDATE: Recently Aliexpress updated its website and some of these features are not available anymore. I have searched for a solution and found a viable one at a very reasonable price.
If the first method is not working, you can use an extension or plugin called ALISAVE
This is available on Chrome and Firefox. Unfortunately, it is a paid app and costs less than $3 to enjoy all the features. You can install the CHROME EXTENSION HERE and if you are using Firefox, You can INSTALL THE ADD-ON.
Here is a short video on how the plugin works:
Hope this helps!